Heavily damaged my lips. Which specialist should I consult for cure?

HI- I used to be an incessant lip picker! I did this for more years than I care to tell you. Well I am 61 years old now and tho' I no longer pick my lip I now have two pieces of my lip, on the inside of my lip that hang and are whitish in color. When I talk, they are noticeable and tho' people have not questioned my about I know they see it and when they watch me talk they seem to have trouble understanding me sometimes, probably because they are looking at my mouth. Is there anything I can do. What specialty would I see for this?
Posted Mon, 11 Mar 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 1 hour later
The damage that you have done to your lips needs a surgery for repair. You need to consult a plastic surgeon for the appropriate treatment.
After the surgical repair, speech therapy may be needed for a few days depending on the extent of problem that you have.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.