Heat rash, tiny blisters and dry skin. What is the solution or medication?

My wife and I both develop a heat rash at times especially at the beginning of summer when we are far from XXXXXXX It starts out as tiny blisters then turns to dry skin later. Just wondering if there is a solution or lotion that might help. We are both fair skinned but once we develop a XXXXXXX it seems to not be an issue.
Posted Mon, 2 Jul 2012 in Skin Rash
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 3 hours later
I understand your concern.
For the tiny blisters and rash that both of you develop, you can use a 1% hydrocortisone ointment locally for symptomatic relief.
This will take care of your symptoms. Most of the times such rashes are due to atopic dermatitis. You also need to follow general cleanliness measures to avoid infection in the blisters.
Applying calamine lotion will soothe the itching if there is any.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.