Heartburn, abdominal pain, pain below armpit, swollen glands on neck, no fever. Concern regarding swollen glands.

I had what I think was a gallbladder attack approximately three weeks ago with heartburn and pain on the right front side under the ribs...I also noticed pain approximately three inches below the armpit on the right side along the ribs, now I notice swollen glands on the right side of my neck in the past week. I have stayed away from dairy, fatty foods, spicey foods in the past three weeks with good improvement, however, had spaghetti last night and noticed a slight reoccurance of irritation regarding the gallbladder. I am now really concerned regarding the swollen glands on the side of my neck. I am not running a fever and feel otherwise ok.
Posted Sun, 6 May 2012 in Liver and Gall Bladder
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 25 hours later

Thank you for posting your query.

You seem to be right; you almost had a gall bladder attack three weeks ago.

You mentioned that you had spaghetti last night; definitely it causes irritation of the gall bladder.

You are doing well by avoiding all the dairy food, fatty and spicy food. Please continue the same because fatty and oily foods irritate the gall bladder easily.

Swollen glands in your neck may not be related to the gall bladder condition. It may subside in a few days. Do not worry much about it.

You should be fine in a while. However, please XXXXXXX your Gastroenterologist on an appointment and discuss about getting an Ultrasound scan of the gall bladder done, to evaluate the status of it.

Hope I have answered your query. I will be available for your follow up query, if any.