Heartbeat increases whenever I am hot, feel like fainting. Why ?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
I am 21, about 110 and whenever I am hot, my heartbeat increases dramatically, I cannot control myself and I feels like fainting and sometimes do. I become very ill from the heat also. I just cannot face hot weather. Why?
Posted Wed, 20 Jun 2012 in Heart Rate and Rhythm Disorders
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 2 hours later
Increased heart beat and feeling faint when exposed to heat can be due to-
1. Dehydration or electrolyte imbalance - Regular intake of rejuvenating fluids during heat exposure might help. You can have sports drinks which contain glucose and electrolytes and enough water alongwith to combat dehydration.
2. Low blood sugar - Taking a light breakfast, preferably some lean protein and/or complex carbohydrate with a little healthy fat-- before going out in the sun will help you.
3. Low blood pressure can also be the reason.
4. Anemia - A few blood tests will rule out this condition.

A detailed examination from your physician and tests are entailed to diagnose the problem and further treatment.

I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.