Heart was shaking and lightheaded. Left arm was numb. Diagnosed with diabetes and liver enzymes are high. Suggest the treatment?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Dec 2012
Dec 2012

Question
Hello about a month ago i started feeling my heart shaking for about 3 seconds and would get light headed this happened about once or twice a week. Two weeks ago I was feeling a bit weak and shortness of breath and left arm a bit numb. I ran to the ER had blood tests and was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes. Since than I went to my doctor for a follow up and now I am on meds for lowering sugar. I took a stress test which was NEGATIVE. I now feel nauseated and feel small pressure in my chest. My liver ENZYMES are a bit high on my blood test but I did have a hepatitis exam which was negative. Not sure I still don't feel 100 percent i feel like im going to have a heart attack anytime soon. not sure please help and earlier today i felt a bit dizzy like almost passing out for a few seconds.
Posted Wed, 23 Oct 2013 in Heart Attack

Answered by Dr. Nsah Bernard 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Problem could be of cardiac origin

Detailed Answer:
Hello XXXXXXX

Thanks for posting your query,

I am pleased to be able to assist.

If you are experiencing persistent dizziness/lightheadedness then it is something that merits further investigation. The combination of dizziness, palpitation, body weakness plus the fact that you have blood sugar problems is suggestive that you might be having an associated cardiovascular disorder which might not be identified through a stress test or EKG (might be normal despite existing heart problem).
Dyslipidemia or cholesterol disorders or artherosclerosis might be responsible for this. I suggest you do get blood tests for serum lipids (HDL, LDL, triglycerides, total etc), cardiac ultrasound and another EKG. Fasting blood sugar levels should be done regularly to make sure that it is under control.
The symptoms you are facing might just be early warning signs of a soon to happen cardiac problem such as coronary artery diseases (e.g angina pectoris, myocardial infarction), atrial fibrillation, arterosclerosis etc.
Other possible causes of your symptoms are infections of the ear, stomach, blood etc. You need blood tests to identify if there are signs of viral, bacterial, parasitic etc infections such as CRP, ESR, CBC etc.

Hope this helps and wish you the best.
Do feel free to write back for follow-up and hope you will be able to use our service in the future.
Dr. Nsah