Heart starts to hurt when I am very anxious

hi when i am verry anxious my heart starts to almost hurt
Posted Mon, 10 Sep 2012 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 28 minutes later

Heart problems specially of Ischemic type (circulation disturbance) causing pain in an 15 year old is very rare.

The pain you experience could be due to the chest wall muscle sprain or pull due to hyper-dynamic circulation during exercise.

A good daily exercise will habituate you to such a circulatory overload and reduce such pain during exertion.

If the pain is very severe and radiating to the left arm also results in black out then there may need for detailed cardio examinations and tests like EKG and 2D Echocardiogram.

Hope I answered your query.

Wish you good health.