Heart skips a beat. Should i worry?

my heart skips a beat, should I be worried ?
Posted Mon, 23 Apr 2012 in Heart Rate and Rhythm Disorders
Answered by Dr. Andrew Rynne MD 1 hour later
Hi there.

Thank you for posting your question. I will do my best to help you.

The feeling that your heart skipps a beat every now and then is probably nothing to worry about. This is called an "extra systolie". It happens typically when one is falling asleep but can happen at anytime. I do not think that it has anything to do with your medication Tamsalosin.

I hope that I have answered your questions fully and been of some help. If you have anymore questions please contact me again anytime. I hope you keep on top of your bladder cancer.

Dr Andrew Rynne.