Heart seems to skip beat. Had valve replacement. Reason for concern?

My heart seems to skip about every 12th to 15th beat. I had a valve replacement 8 weeks ago & have just noticed this. Is it a reason for concern?
Posted Wed, 23 Oct 2013 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 54 minutes later
Brief Answer:

Detailed Answer:
Hi and tank you so much for this query.

I am so sorry to hear that you had a congenital aortic valve defect though happy to know it has been corrected.

From the information you have provided, I will not be particularly concerned and ore so because you are not reporting any symptoms suggestive of arrhythmia like dizziness, vertigo, fatigue, palpitation, etc. However, you would need to talk to your cardiologist and get at least and ECG done for the following reasons:
1. Confirm that for real you have skip beats.
2. Establish the exact cause and implications as to whether any treatment adjustments should be made.

Based on the findings, exact information as to prognosis would be given to you, My gut feeling is that there would not be a major cause for an alarm.

I wish you well and hope that this addresses your query. Feel free to ask follow up questions for clarification and thank you so much for using our services.
Dr. Ditah, MD