Heart rate is 80, taking medicine for allergy. Is it in normal range?

hi my hbp has been at 80 bmp even bow thats 2:00 AM SHOULDN'T it b down and also im under the weather tooand taking medicine and allergy meds also
Posted Fri, 25 Oct 2013 in Heart Rate and Rhythm Disorders
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Karanwal 44 minutes later
Brief Answer:
You have no problem with heart rate

Detailed Answer:
Hi there, ,

Good Day to you.

I can fully appreciate the pain and agony that you are passing through.

* Firstly, normal heart rate ranges between 60 - 90/min. hence, your heart rate is within normal range.

* Heart rate comes down to minimum only during sleep and NOT while awake, even if it is 2AM.

* It seems that you are suffering from anxiety with/without depression. None of the medicines for either anxiety/depression/allergy affect the heart rate.

Hope I have addressed your query to your satisfaction. If you have any further questions, I will be more than happy to help you.

However, if you do not have any further clarifications, you can close the discussion and rate the answer.

Wish you a good health.

Fond regards and best wishes,

Dr. (Col) R Karanwal