Heart racing, tired, triggered by heat

when i am under the covers at night and get to hot my heart races and then it makes me so tired the next day. also when i am out in the heat the heat makes my heart race and once i get cool and it goes back down i am tired the rest of the day.
Posted Sat, 15 Sep 2012 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani 1 hour later

What I understand is, that your heart started races off and on, which makes you feel uncomfortable.

There could many reasons for this. The common one could be

>High blood pressure
>Thyroid disorder
>Heart rhythm abnormality

As you are not getting good quality sleep, you do not feel good next day.

It is advisable that you visit your Take light diet
Avoid too much of coffee/soft drinks
Take proper sleep
Avoid stress as much as possible

All of this will help to some extent.

I hope this helps.

Follow-up: Heart racing, tired, triggered by heat 46 minutes later
Answered by Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani 7 minutes later

Good to hear from you again.

First of all it is important know the reason for anemia.

What type of deficiency you have, whether it is iron deficiency or something else which is leading to anemia.

Again if you severely anemic, means your hemoglobin is very low, then one has to look for the cause of anemia.

Your physician is the right person who can guide you on this.

In case you are deficient in iron, then you need to take iron tablets for at least 3 months after consulting your doctor. Again along with medicines you need to take good diet XXXXXXX iron like fruits, XXXXXXX leafy vegetables, milk and milk products.

As far as disturbances in sleep are concerned, they may be due to stress or anxiety. Try relaxation techniques like yoga, meditation which should help.

Your physician will decide whether to give any medicines for this or not.

I hope this answers your query.

Follow-up: Heart racing, tired, triggered by heat 8 hours later
anemia is due to iron. what that still cause your heart to race from getting hot when u sleep and when in the heat? Or am I cauing myself anxeity when it does that and making it worse? What food is high in iron?

Good to hear from you again.

In case of low haemoglobin when ever you do exertion, there is lack of oxygen to some parts of body including heart due to poor oxygen carrying capacity of blood. This can lead to heart to pump more and more, to have oxygen which can lead to increase in heart beats.

Any XXXXXXX leafy vegetables and milk products are XXXXXXX in iron.

As you are having this at rest also, especially at bed time, anxiety again could be major reason.

Anxiety can add to the problem that you already have.

Please do not worry, just do not ignore the situation and consult your doctor.