Heart pinch, arm numbness, sweat. Heart attack?

ENT Specialist
last night i felt a pinch in my heart and it made me queezy, then a dumbnessin my arms.i layed down on the bed and within a minute i was better but full of sweat.was it a mild heartattack?
Posted Tue, 17 Apr 2012 in Heart Attack
Answered by Dr. Naveen Kumar 1 hour later

Thanks for the reference

The brief history mentioned by you could be an attack of Angina or Myocardial Infarction (Heart attack). Both of these conditions are very much similar. There could be chest discomfort or pain initially, radiating to the left upper limb, sometimes associated with sweating and nausea. Only after performing certain investigations such as ECG, Cardiac enzymes and Echocardiography the things can be confirmed.

I would suggest you to consult a good cardiologist, as you require a thorough examination and also, you need to run through a battery of investigation as mentioned above to rule out the above mentioned two conditions. Do not delay; visit your doctor at the earliest.

Secondly, do not try to bother about the deaths that occurred in your family or else it can affect your health. Remember “Health is wealth”, so take good care of it, both mentally and physically.

Hope I have answered your query, if you have any more doubts you are welcome.

Dr. Naveen Kumar