Heart palpitations 24/7 since 2 years after pregnancy,24 hour heart monitor test normal

Ever since I got pregnant about two years ago I Have been having constant 24/7 heart palpitations at the same rate, unless I am being active. I am 27 years old with no health problems. I been to the hospital ran thes test the 24 hour heart monitor etc and nothing came back strange. I Thought it was because of my pregnancy giving me this problem but it has been two years almost. any help would be appreciated.
Posted Sat, 5 May 2012 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Sunil.N 3 hours later
Hi ,

A 24/7 palpitations at the same rate for 2 years is quite unusual.
You had mentioned about the test that you have done in the past, and the test were normal not even tachycardia.
In this case the cause for palpitations may be the anxiety or Hyperthyroidism.
A thyroid profile should be done to see elevated blood thyroxine level and ECG study is helpful. Hyperthyroidism is known to cause palpitations and this will be evident in ECG.
Avoiding stress will helpful in controlling the symptom.Unnecessary worrying should be avoided.
Avoid Tea/coffee.

Hope I have answered your query. If you have any follow up queries I will be available to answer them.