Heart palpitation, blurred vision, shortness of breath, dizziness, headache. Diagnosed with Panic attack. Suggest something

Jun 2013
actually it all started on XXXXXXX 13 2011 i waz travellng from istanbul to doha cze of bumping i felt little anxious n suddenly i became so anxious i had very strong heart palpatation blurred vission n shortness of breath which lasted for 8- 10 minites n then it waz all normal bt lot of energy was drained then i went to smoking zone to smoke a cigarate to relax as soon as i left the smking zone i had strong strain behing my neck i thought i waz abt to faint bt i dint bt my heart waz palpatating very very fast it lasted for 10 - 15 minutes n bak to normal again then i waz shifted to hospitals thre they did all my tests n everythng thnh waz normal bt they gave me some injection in my stomach after few hours of rest in the hotel wen i got up my vission waz blurred n i waz feeling too dizzzy some how i managd to come to india doctor in india diagnosed it as a panic attack and vertigoo i waz so depressd n thnking all days wat went wrng with my eyes speciallty too blurr diizyy headaches bt day by day i got bettr but thinkng abt my condition for so long resulted in a strange thng suddnly after 5 months of continous presure i lost my mind like my started thinking strange thought which i could make out dosent make any sense AS of nw today m lot bettr but 1 thing still these sudden random thoughts which make no sensee jst help me wit this !
Posted Mon, 29 Apr 2013 in Anxiety and Stress
Answered by Dr. Sushil Kumar Sompur 21 minutes later
Hi there,

I understand that you have a psychiatric problem. You are having what we know in scientific terminology as panic disorder. Panic attacks or anxiety attacks are a common feature of this anxiety disorder. I would highly recommend that you see a psychiatrist for this condition as all the tests that need to be done cardiologically and neurologically have turned out to be negative.

I think that the best thing for you would be to started on a combination of treatment with medications and therapy or counseling to get to the root of the problem. I think that the medications that are most effective in your case would be long acting benzodiazepines as sedative hypnotics to start out with with a gradual tapered down dose while you are simultaneously started out on SSRIs or selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors that are highly effective in treating anxiety attacks.

I hope this helps. Please let me know if you have further questions.

Take care and have a lovely day !