Heart murmur, shortness of breath, echocardiogram showed mitral valve prolapse. Concerned about wi-fi exposure

I am 42 years old and have a heart murmur which has been monitored every 5 years with a ecocardigram and has showed no change untill now. Just recently I had shortness of breath and was in hospital for 3 days. I had a ecocardigram which showed mitral valve prolaps had suddenly become a severe condition and now needs replacement valve. The question I have is that schools are now starting to pull Wi-Fi out and hard-wiring their computers as their is increasing complaints of children suffering from heart pulsations and other systems caused by what is belived to be wireless radiation from computers run from Wi-Fi routers. I have been exposed to a lot of this wi-fi radiation in the last 3 years and I am now starting to sence that my heart condition has deteriated perhaps from this. I have lernt to pick up from the feel of my heart and other parts of my body when I am exposed to this. I am concerned that when I switch on wi-fi on my ipad that I can feel a change in my heart.
Could their be a link? XXXXXXX.
Posted Tue, 22 May 2012 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Santosh Kondekar 1 hour later

There may be a possibility of a link (electromagnetic waves causing heart disturbances), but prima facie I would like to deny it as these radiations are likely to be non toxic for general population. If at all you doubt or perceive any changes in your heart, they should sure be recordable on electrocardiogram. A 24 hours holter ECG monitoring on wi fi and off wi fi, and comparing the two may help your doctors to come to a definite conclusion.

Currently you have an obvious reason for any cardiac symptom, so I won’t attribute it to wi -fi given the limited information.

In case you need to work with wi-fi, some commercial products like safe space () do claim good control over situations of Electromagnetic (wi fi) exposure.
Follow-up: Heart murmur, shortness of breath, echocardiogram showed mitral valve prolapse. Concerned about wi-fi exposure 2 hours later
I have taken away all wireless equipment from my work area and home and have found so far that my heart seems to be feeling normal, but it's only been about 10 days so far since going free of wi-Fi so it may be to early to tell as I may have trouble again?

I had sometimes 3 computers working off the one router plus a Mobile home phone at the time I was very sick.
Hi again.

The results won’t be long lasting and should be able to pick up on holter monitoring if any. Since you already have a cardiac morbidity I would say that you better should go for such monitoring.

Thanks. Feel free to ask further.