Heart is racing. Feeling sick, having sinus, cough and diarrhoea. Suggest a remedy?

Lately I have been feeling my heart racing from time to time.... All the way to my throat. It started after a scuba dive. I was hiking an d the racing started... I passed no big deal. When I returned from Mexico vaca I was sick, sinus, cough and diareahh. Yucky flu like symptoms for about a week. Feeling better but the heart thing comes and goes still. Ugh. I'm a healthy 50 yr old female. No mess. 5'3' 120 lbs. physically fit and full time hairstylist. This is kinda scary
Posted Wed, 30 Oct 2013 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Minal Mohit 54 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Need to evaluate heart and thyroid

Detailed Answer:
Dear ma'm, Hi! as the symptoms started for the first time when you were taking some active sports , it is likely to be just a vagal phenomenon. But as it is recurring two things must be evaluated. 1. thyroid function and 2. holter monitoring for heart. If both are normal then it may be functional and treated symptomatically.
Follow-up: Heart is racing. Feeling sick, having sinus, cough and diarrhoea. Suggest a remedy? 5 minutes later
If it is thyroid what would other symptoms be?
Answered by Dr. Minal Mohit 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Palpitation suggests over active thyroid.

Detailed Answer:
Dear ma'm, palpitation is a feature of over active thyroid. other features of over active thyroid are - weight loss, fatigue, hair fall, increased appetite, increased defecation, lack if sleep, tremors etc. Thanks!