Heart flutters and breathlessness after increasing the hypertension medication. Why?

My Dr raised my blood pressure meds from 20mg-40mg to control my high blood pressure. Since then, once in a while my heart flutters and i lose my breath for a second. i checked my pressure and it was 121/74. so i am wondering what is happening?
Posted Tue, 5 Jun 2012 in Heart Rate and Rhythm Disorders
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 1 hour later

Since the Blood pressure is under good control and in range.The symptoms you having could be due to the side effects of stepping up the dosage.

If you can tell me the medication name who's dose has been increased I could be more specific in my opinion.

Anticipating your response,