Heart fluttering when upset. Have anxiety, taking paxil. Is that a thing to worry?

sometimes when I am really upset my heart flutters - is that a reason to worry? I suffer from anxiety which is treated with 20 mg of Paxil every day
Posted Mon, 18 Jun 2012 in Mental Health
Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 9 hours later

Heart fluttering is commonly observed by people with general anxiety and when they are upset. It would be more concerning if it is continuous and uncontrolled.

While managing physicians conduct tests routine investigations esp EKG to rule out any heart disease. I hope your physician should have done that too. Then do not need to worry.

I also suggest you to review the medications with the treating physician if the treatment that you take is unable to bring back peace of mind to you.

Let me know if you have any further queries.