Heart felt like a clog in it, in a while felt light headed and unconscious. Why?

Cardiologist, Interventional
What my heart felt like it was swallowing, like there was a clog in it and then the clog went through, after that I felt light headed and almost passed out.
Posted Thu, 26 Apr 2012 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Raja Sekhar Varma 9 hours later
Thank you for your query.

I understand that you are a 28 year old male patient who experienced chest discomfort and a brief episode of lightheadedness and near-syncope.

I need to know some more details from you before I can give you any specific and useful advice.

1) Is this the first episode?
2) Did you fall down, bite your tongue during the episode? Did anybody else around you at the time notice any "fits" like movements?
3) Did you feel the heart beating very fast or irregularly just before or during the episode?
4) Have you seen your doctor, or got an ECG/echo/any other tests done?
5) Do you have any prior cardiac or neurological ailments?
6) Are you taking any medicines currently?

The possibilities include common fainting, situational or neurocardiogenic syncope, arrhythmias of the heart and some types of seizures. You will need further evaluation before a diagnosis can be made.
Awaiting your response.
Please get back to me with the relevant answers and reports of tests done so that I can give you a specific answer.
With regards,
Dr RS Varma