Heart feels like skipping beats with shortness of breath, fatigue and chest pain. Suggest?

Pain Medicine & Palliative Care Specialist
I am almost 43 and have been experiencing heart that fills like it is skipping beats with shortness of breath, fatigue and on occasion mild heaviness or aching pain in my chest on the left side. Hate to go to ER and find out it is something silly.
Posted Sun, 20 Oct 2013 in Heart Rate and Rhythm Disorders
Answered by Dr. Kerry Pottinger 36 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Need to see a doctor.

Detailed Answer:
Thank you for using Healthcare Magic.
These are quite vague symptoms that you are experiencing. There is a possibility that you have an intermittent heart arrhythmia. This would give you shortness of breath and a heaviness in your chest. Alternatively, you may be anemic. This would make you fatigued.
I suggest you see your doctor who can run a few simple tests including an ECG.
I hope this helps you. If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact me.
Dr k A Pottinger,