Heart echo showed borderline left ventricular hypertrophy. What does this mean?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
When my heart echo done it shows borderline lvh presents. What is the meaning of it? Is all thing is right or not
Posted Tue, 22 Jan 2013 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 2 hours later
A borderline LVH- left ventricular hypertrophy is seen due to mild hypertension or an increased cardiac workload. It is suggestive of an increase in cardiac muscle size due to the increased work load.
The increase in heart beat after a meal or exercise is a normal physiological variation and is not suggestive of any pathology. You can get an ECG done to detect any heart rate rhythm disorders.
The difficulty in breathing s a worrisome finding and needs a further evaluation by a cardiologist.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.