Heart beats really fast, have pressure in middle chest. On medication from back surgery. Suggest?

my heart fell like it 's going to jump right out of my chest. It beats real fast and hard ! Sometimes it fells like I have a lot of pressure in the middle of my chest ! I am on a lot of medication from back surgery and also nerve medication from the loss of my only child .but I was having this before all the medication.! this is very freaky because heart attacks run in my family ! Is this normal ?
Posted Fri, 16 Aug 2013 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Anil Grover 1 hour later
welcome to health care magic
i read your mail with diligence
as you are 52 yrs ,
is there any risk factors for heart disease you are having or not , you did not mentioned .
risk factors for heart disease include , hypertension , diabetes, high cholesterol , smoking and family history.
in these you have a family history of heart disease , others you have or not let me know.
coming to your symptom of fast heart beat and heaviness in chest in your age group definitely needs further evaluation like ECG, ECHO, stress test.
So consult immediately a cardiologist and evaluate further.

thank you.