Hearing sensitivity to high pitch sound like screaming. Can cause hearing loss in future?

hello :)

I have a simple question

My son is 1 year old, and he has started to scream this extremely high tones/pitch that really hurts my ear and feels very uncomfortable.
My hearing is a little sensitive, so it very uncomfortable for me.

can you tell me this:
is this XXXXXXX for my hearing and can this lead to an hearing loss later in life ?

sincerely XXXXXXX
Posted Thu, 3 May 2012 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 3 hours later
Sudden exposure to a high pitch sound can cause damage to the ears but for a child of 1 year, it is difficult to produce that high pitched tone so as to cause the damage. An exposure to sound more than 100 decibels for half an hour poses you at a n increased risk of hearing loss later in life.
Loud noise can damage your hearing, but there are things you can do to protect yourself from noise induced hearing loss. You can use an earplug and different sensors to prevent the exposure after consulting your ENT specialist.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.