Hearing loss, ear blockage, chest disorder, used nose spray and hot obus oil

have suffered with slight hearing loss for several years, but during the last 2 months have had bad chest disorder which is now a lot better but then went deaf in both hears the left seams to have improved a bit. But right one feels completely blocked, wax not bad used nose spray and hot Obus oil, same .age 77, h5.11,W11-3, fit from cycling otherwise.
Posted Fri, 13 Apr 2012 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 1 hour later

At your age, the commonest cause of a gradual loss of hearing is Otosclerosis. Audiometry examination will help in detecting the cause. Apart from this, other causes of gradual loss of hearing can be-
1. Middle ear disease.
2. vestibular nerve damage- ischaemia, trauma, etc.
3. Excessive impacted ear wax- this you have already ruled out.

I encourage you to visit an ENT specialist for proper examination and diagnosis along with Audiometry.

I hope my answer and recommendations are adequate and helpful. Waiting for your further follow up queries if any.