Heard popping sound from shoulder. Facing difficulty to raise arm or lift weight. Treatment?

my shoulderI had picked up a lot of weight on my right shoulder at work and the next day it was hurting and made a popping sound and now my shoulder hurts when I pick up my arm.what can I do to my shoulder to keep on working?
Posted Sat, 11 May 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Jasvinder Singh 28 minutes later

This pain can be due to muscular injury to the shoulder. Here are some general treatment measures which you can follow:

1)     Provide complete rest and avoid overhead activities.

2)     Apply cold compresses and take some anti inflammatory pain killer like Ibuprofen or Diclofenac after consulting your doctor.

If the symptoms are severe then you may need a MRI and you may need steroid injections or surgical arthroscopic technique (kept as last resort).

Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries.