Headaches, sore throat, ear pain, allergies, chronic pharyngitis

Hi, Im 29 years old. I eat well, exercise, etc but about halfway into each day I start feeling extremely tired, have headaches, my throat becomes sore and my ears become achy. I have been taking advil when the symptoms appear but it has been going on for over 3 weeks and I'm not sure what could be wrong. I've also noticed that if I have a glass of wine or 2 with dinner on the weekends the symptoms get worse and I will have them non stop for days. I have quit drinking wine all together but still have the symptoms appear each day. Some people say its allergies but I have tried claritin, zyrtec, and allegra with no change.
Posted Thu, 19 Apr 2012 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 18 hours later

Thanks for your query,

The symptoms you have pushes me into the prime suspection of allergy , since the antihistamins or other antiallergics didnt work , the next in consideration would be Chronic Pharyngitis of infective origin.

To rule out the same i would ask you to get a Culture and sensitivity test of the secretions from the throat ( throat swab ).Also get your throat examined by a ENT specialist to rule out any structural defects like ulcers commonly seen in nutritional defeciency ( vitamin defeciency ) and growths .

Meanwhile,I shall suggest you to gargle with CHLORHEXIDINE solution twice daily after food .This will give you symptomatic releif by soothening the throat mucosa and inhibitng the infection if any.

Do avoid wine , as there are records of throat irritation due to the same , specially in already inflammed throat.

Hope I have answered your query. If you have any follow up queries I will be available to answer them