Headaches, nausea, stomach cramps, wanted to delay periods, on Primolut N medication. Okay to discontinue ?

I go on a cruise on Saturday, to delay my period the doctor prescribed Primolut. I started taking it yesterday and I feel terrible. Headache, nausea, tummy cramps. Will these symptoms go away, they are actually worse than having my period? If I stop taking it now will my period come straight away?
Posted Sat, 28 Apr 2012 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Minoo Bhagia 4 hours later

Yes you can stop Primolut N and periods will start automatically.

They may get delayed or irregular but there is nothing to worry about.

For headache and nausea you can take paracetamol with domperidone if available.

You can also take simple paracetamol 500mg for pain abdomen as well as headache.Take this under the guidance of physician.

Hope i have answered your query.I will be available for follow up.

Best wishes
Happy journey