Headaches, dizziness, vomiting, diarrhea, stomach cramps, on propel, kool aid. Treatment ?

I've got a horrible headache, dizzy, throwing up if I eat, tired, diarhea, stomach cramping with the diarhea. It started two days ago with a headache but later that day the vomiting was intense. calmed down now that im only drinking water, propel, and kool aid. but my stomache is just gross upset. like motion sickness if i try and do anything too
Posted Sat, 21 Apr 2012 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 23 minutes later

Headache is sometimes associated with stomach cramping, vomiting and diarrhea due to the electrolyte disturbances caused by these.

Your symptoms suggests the possibility of Gastroenteritis, Food poisoning or peptic ulcer disease. Kindly don't worry as there nothing seems to be serious.

You can follow some dietary modifications for relief:
1.) Drink plenty of water and other fluids.
2.) Gradually introduce easy to digest foods, such as rice, bananas and potatoes.
3.) Don't take Dairy Products, Ice creams, sodas.
4.) Make sure you get plenty of rest.
5.) Monitor your temperature regularly.
6.) Medicines such as Loperamide (Imodium) and Bismuth Subsalicylate (Pepto-Bismol), Domperidone and antacids like tums can help relieve symptoms but should be taken under medical supervision.
It will take some time for your body to respond to the Medications.

If there is no relief in next two days, then get yourself examined by your primary physician so that he can do a Stool Culture if necessary along with Blood and Urine work up, so that the causative organism can be isolated and appropriate antibiotics can be prescribed.

Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries, then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer them.