Headaches, dizziness, quickened pulse. History of PVC's, normal health otherwise. Should I consult a doctor?

I am a 40 year old female. For the last 2 days I have been having frequent headaches with mild-moderate pain in my forehead/right side of my head. With these headaches comes a very shaky feeling from within. My heartrate feels hard and fast and I get very anxious and restless. I feel like I cannot sit still sometimes. I have had frequent PVC's for the last 2 years but this doesn't feel like the fluttering I usually get, more of a slight pounding from within. I have also been losing weight without diet or excercise, I was 144 two weeks ago, I am now 6 pounds. I do not think one thing concerns me more than another because it all seems to happen at the same time. My only history is the PVC's that now come and go without a pattern. I have no pre-existing health issues and prior to this felt "normal" Any suggestions? Should I make an appointment to see my doctor?
Posted Wed, 2 May 2012 in Headache and Migraines
Answered by Dr. Shiva Kumar R 54 minutes later

Regarding the headache's for the last 2 days I feel probably related to an existing migraine or a tension type headache. You can get rid of this headache by use of NSAIDS like Ibuprofen or Aspirin. Check if they are available over the counter in the nearby pharmacy. If available you can take Tablet Ibuprofen, up to 400mg, one tablet after meal on need basis.

If such kind of headache's recur again and cause significant distress with interference in your daily activities, may need regular medicines to prevent it becoming more chronic in the future.

I personally feel this is not a symptom of PVC'S. Frequent PVC'S can cause palpitations, fainting and syncope. However headache is not a symptom of PVC. I feel weight loss in you may be due to two reasons. One is your anxiety and other is Hyperthyroidism. I presume thyroid problem has been ruled out in you. One other problem which needs exclusion is Neurologist for detailed evaluation and starting the medications.

I thank you again for the query and hope you find this reply to be helpful and informative. If you have any additional concerns I would be happy to address them.

Dr Shiva Kumar R.