Headaches, blocked sinus, took CT scan, steroid spray, hair fall, using depo injections, irregular periods, history of thyroid and migraine

I constantly have headaches, I feel tired all the time no matter how much sleep I get, I often have sore muscles and get pins and needles in my legs and sometimes in my arms. I am forever going to the doctor and lately I missed a bit of work because I cant hack feeling like this and looking at a computer screen. I had a CT scan and they found my sinus to be very blocked, I have been on antibiotics which wold slightly relieve my headache but it always comes back, I am now on a steroid spray for my sinus but I dont think this is the issue. I dont know if it means anything but my hair is falling out and I have recently started getting depo injections as my periods were always irregular and the doctor thought my pill may have been to blame. I have been readinga bit about hormones and thyroid - My Grandma suffers thyroid problems and gets miagranes - I used to get these as a child but now I have constant headaches.
Posted Tue, 17 Apr 2012 in Headache and Migraines
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 10 minutes later

Constant headache is more due to the sinus problem. The treatment you are getting for sinus is correct but this whole treatment reduce the infection in an already blocked nose. To get relief from the blockage, you must do a steam inhalation by boiling plain water and deeply inhale the water vapors at thrice in a day. This will cause decongestion of the blocked sinus thus relieving your headache.

Regarding the hair problem, it is not related to the sinus problem or taking pills or a depo injection. To reduce the falling hairs, you can take iron supplements and vitamin E supplements at least for 15 days continuously to see the effect.

Hope I have answered your query. I will be available if you have any further queries.

Follow-up: Headaches, blocked sinus, took CT scan, steroid spray, hair fall, using depo injections, irregular periods, history of thyroid and migraine 25 minutes later
I still feel as though this isnt right - My local doctor told me the infection is now clear and the steroid spray is to help with things I come in contact with daily to prevent further infection. I still have headaches and am constantly tired and feel like I'm dopey like I'm on medication thats making me drosey. I dont think my sinus is the cause.
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 5 hours later

Even if you feel that sinus is not the cause, taking steam inhalations thrice a day will not harm you in any way. Just have faith in me and try steam inhalation and drink plenty of water and juices(At least 3-3.5 liters per day) for the next three days and see the difference.