Headache when wearing glasses. Neck pain also. What to do?

Hi Doctor,
I have eyesight and i got glasses also for that. But when i wear it i have headache what should i do. Ver often i have severe headache and pain in the back side of the neck too. What should i do. Please advise.
Posted Thu, 4 Oct 2012 in Vision and Eye Disorders
Answered by Dr. Rajeev Chavda 26 minutes later
Welcome to HCM!
Thanks for posting your query. I am happy to address your questions. The back side of headache is very diagnostic of incorrect eye number or your glasses have not got proper cylindricals or axis in place, will recommend you to kindly either get it re-examined by your opthalmologist (even your glasses), else also to get your eye tension (called intra-ocular pressure) checked. Hope I have answered your query. If you have any further questions, I will be happy to help. Thanks
Follow-up: Headache when wearing glasses. Neck pain also. What to do? 8 minutes later
how often shall i test my eyesight...even i get dakcircles if i wear glasses regularly.
Answered by Dr. Rajeev Chavda 7 minutes later
Thanks for your kind response, first is to get the right numbers for your refractive error and if wearing glasses is a concern you can always substitute with lenses or lasek surgery. If you have no further clarifications, will request you to kindly close the query and rate it. Thanks