Headache, vomiting, fever, excessive sleepiness, nausea. Is this an emergency?

I've had a headache for the past five days. Vomiting, fever, excessive sleepiness, and nausea. Is this an emergency? I have been taking 200mg of advil but can not keep it down due to vomiting. I have never had a headache like this one before.
Posted Thu, 6 Sep 2012 in Headache and Migraines
Answered by Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani 23 minutes later

I think you should seek medical attention at the earliest.

Headache for five days with vomiting and fever definitely needs medical evaluation and treatment.

Please do not ignore this. Causes may be many like,

Viral infection
Sinus infection etc.

Continuous vomiting leads to poor oral intake and dehydration. This will increase fever and will lead to more problems.

Again sleepiness is a sign of extreme weakness and some ongoing disease process.

Continue take plenty of liquids like juices, soups etc and visit your doctor at the earliest.

I hope this helps.