Headache, tingling in arms, weakness and high BP. Had CT scan. What's causing this?

I have had a headache for the past four days accompanied with pins and needles in my right arm and weakness on my right side plus high blood pressure. I visited my gp on Tuesday and he sent for an ambulance. I was in hospital overnight and had a CT scan which found nothing. Hospital could not tell me what is causing it. The pins and needles and weakness have subsided but left with headache.
Posted Wed, 23 May 2012 in Headache and Migraines
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 6 hours later
A high blood pressure is often associated with symptoms like headache. The pins and needles sensation and weakness was suggestive of a stroke. That is why you were kept under observation overnight and CT scan was done.
Since no pathology has been detected, it is likely that your headache is related to high blood pressure only. This will subside once your blood pressure is well under control. Meanwhile you can take mild pain killer like acetaminophen for symptomatic relief.
To avoid pins and needles and the weakness, you can take vitamin B complex supplements for 2 weeks to rule out any deficiency.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.