Headache, tender to touch, no relief from Neurofen or paracetamol. Need reassurance

Nephrologist
Question
Hi I seem to have had a headache for 2 weeks now around the front and mid head. Sometimes painful areas when touch parts if head too.. Tender to touch. Worrying a lot as think could be something awful! Doesn't really seem to ease with neurofen or paracetamol. Not severe but always there . Sometimes feels like pressure building round front of head. No other symptoms at all . Will visit GP soon but am on holiday and need some reassurance.
Posted Wed, 5 Sep 2012 in Headache and Migraines

Answered by Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha 39 minutes later
Hello

Thanks for the query

I need to know a little more info in order to come to a better conclusion

1. Do you have blurring of vision as well?
2. Any incidence of vomiting?
3. Do you have headaches in the morning as well?
4. How many hours are you sleeping in a day? Are you fresh in the mornings?
5. Any history of trauma to the head? Blocked nose ?

Please get back to me, I am awaiting your reply

Follow-up: Headache, tender to touch, no relief from Neurofen or paracetamol. Need reassurance 4 hours later
Hi no vomitting or blurred vision waking refreshed and sleeping 7-8 hours a night. I can't remember banging my head at all but that's how it sometimes feels. Dull ache most of time no worse in morning than any other time. Feels like head is being squeezed at times on the top then have a pressure feeling at front of head.

Answered by Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha 11 hours later
Hello

Thanks for replying

It looks like you are suffering from migraine. It is more certain because in migraine the headaches relieves on sleeping. I advice you to continue taking your painkillers when you have headaches,naproxen is much better than paracetamol or brufen.

You will have to be put on prophylactic therapy for migraine to prevent these headaches from coming, drugs like metaprolol and sumatriptan are usually used, please visit your GP soon for a prescription

I hope I was of help

Follow-up: Headache, tender to touch, no relief from Neurofen or paracetamol. Need reassurance 9 hours later
Many thanks I will see GP when home for medication thank you

Answered by Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha 13 hours later
Hello

I am glad I was of help