Headache, taking Lexapro and Vyvanse, nausea. Taken Ibuprofen and orange juice with no relief. What is safe to take?
User rating for this question
My daughter 17 takes 20 m lexapro and 40 vyvanse. She has been having terrible headaches this week. I get migraines and I have had severe headaches this week apparently triggered by weather in our area. My daughter may have migraine from me or may be getting headaches from her medicine. We are scheduled to see a new doctor on Monday and I will ask him about this. However, she is having a debilitating headache now. She hasn't eaten when I am trying to force but she is very nauseous. She has had some orange juice and 2 ibuprofen with no relief in 45 minutes. Any suggestions about what is safe for her to take to give her relief?
Posted Wed, 23 May 2012 in Headache and Migraines
Answered by Dr. Prasad 1 hour later
Thanks for the query.
It seems your daughter is suffering from a worst episode of headache. It is not possible to know the cause of the headache without proper history and the details provided are not sufficient to narrow down a cause.
However in view of debilitation headache which is not responding to 2 ibuprofen tablets, a visit to the ER would be the right approach now.
I say this because after having associated with many migraine and chronic headache patients, my experience is if 2 over the counter pain killers does not relieve headache, injectable analgesics or prescription analgesics are needed. So do visit the ER.
Hope this helps. I will be available for discussion if you need more help.
People also viewed
- Headache sensitive to light and sound taken excedrin and tylenol
- Safe to take ibuprofen with vyvanse
- Painful eye nose spot on eye migraine on advil suggest
- Have been referred to neurologist for migraine take second opinion
- Suffer from migraines taking vasograin and meurokind cure
- Does primolut n terminate sperms
- Pricking symptom on the urethra
- 8 weeks pregnant, ureaplasma
- Toddler priapism treatment
- Ibuprofen and vyvanse can i take it
- Is it safe to take ibuprofen for headache and fever
- Headache nausea taking lexapro have gall stone reason
- Problems because of visalus shakes
- Taking ibuprofen when on vyvanse
- Baby having flu weighs only 65 kg worried suggest