Headache, taken Metformin, Prednisone, done blood test, urine test, had foot issue

my blood sugar two hours post eating is 259. Bad headache. Taking 1000mg metformin, no keotone on urine strip. Fasting bs stays around 110-115. Should I goto er, or just f/up with GP tomorrow. Am on ramp down of prednisone for foot issue, that will be done tomorrow
Posted Sat, 21 Apr 2012 in Diabetes
Answered by Dr. V. Kumaravel 2 hours later
Thanks for your query

I do understand that you have been suffering from Diabetes, Hypertension, high cholesterol, sleep apnea and anxiety.

It is always preferable to have your FBS less than 130 and 2hr PPBS less than 180 maximum. Your post eating sugar of 259, is definitely high and that could also be due to the prednisone that you had been taking.

Your headache may be due to varied reasons like increase in BP, stress, sinusitis, infection, low sugars and many more.

I feel the sugar of 259, with out ketones may not be the reason for your headache. It is preferable to get your self checked by an General physician tomorrow to figure out the reason for headache.

Hope I have answered your query. If you have any follow up queries I will be available to answer them.