Headache, stuffy nose, orange mucus, sore throat, muscle pain. Is it sinus?

Hello, I've been having slight headaches for the past two years and I am constantly having stuffy noses, coughing, sore throats and random muscle pains throughout the last two years. They come and go with the time. I visited Ontario Canada recently and the Ragweed level there was 10 out of 10, to make it short my whole face felt like it was in insane pain. Like someone punched me really hard in the face, I'm allergic so I guess this makes sense.

Anyways, I get back to Calgary and now I'm having headaches again. The pain varies from one side of my head that shifts to the other side. It comes and goes every few minutes to half an hours to full on hours or two. I blow my nose 'cause I'm suddenly stuffy and there it is, blood in my mucus.

A few days ago my mucus was an orangey red color as well. Is it sinuses? What could it be? This has been happening forever. Muscle pains, headaches, stuffy everything and sinuses all the time. It never seems like I'm okay. I understand it could be allergies since I'm allergic to a helluva lotta stuff but still.

Also I'll randomly feel dizzy or nauseous as well. I'm also prone to panic and anxiety attacks that wake me up in the middle of the night at least once every two to three weeks.

I'm never okay, any diagnosis? Thanks.
Posted Thu, 20 Sep 2012 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Mihail Iepure 4 hours later
Welcome to Healthcare Magic,
Thank you for your detailed and comprehensive report. Definitely you have exaggerated immune response to specific allergens since long time. Your signs and symptoms very suggestive for allergic rhinitis associated with sinusitis ( runny nose, block nose, congestion, mucus with minimal bleeding while blowing nose, sneezing, etc.. ) and general signs and symptoms that very common in chronicle sinusitis and rhinitis ( with allergic factor ) as we see in your case : persistent chronicle headaches that can lead to dizziness and nausea, weakness. This chronicle condition , persistent headaches, sinus congestion if last long time can lead to panic and anxiety attacks and another psychic and neurological disturbances. . To clarify , I would advice Allergologist consultation and Laboratory investigation : complete blood analysis, serum IgE level, skin testing to possible allergens who may be involved. As a treatment I would advice you antihistaminines tablets and nasal drops, spray. In some cases your Physician may prescribe inhaled nasal Mast cell stabilizers , Anti-inflammatory corticosteroids and in sever cases immunotherapy. Remember, most important find allergic triggers ( if such existing ) remove or avoid them . All these test will help you understand and find cause and accordingly will be more easy choose treatment.
I wish you good luck and speedy recovery.
Hope this helps and I have answered your query. If you have additional queries don’t hesitate to ask.
Best Regards,