Headache, popping neck and eye pain after touching eye lid. Should I be concerned?

yesterday I put my hand to my face and one finger touched the lid of my left eye, not that hard, but I had a real shot of pain through the eye. Should I be concerned?

Today I've been mildly headachy and my neck has been "popping" and this could just be the way I slept on my pillow.
Posted Thu, 3 May 2012 in Vision and Eye Disorders
Answered by Dr. Sujeet N Charugulla 29 minutes later
Hello and thanks for your query.

I shall make an effort to provide you with good professional recommendations specific to your questions.

A single episode of pain in the eye for a small injury would be essential to investigate if symptoms are continuous and if you have an underlying eye condition like glaucoma, infection etc. But, I don't think you should be concerned for now.

Report to a doctor in case your vision is not normal, any redness in the eye or anything continuous.

You are doing fine with your thyroxine treatment, and I suggest you to get additional help for stress. Measures like meditation and yoga are noted for benefits in the absence of medications and you might want to give a go.

Your stress is showing up in those BP levels and the way you sleep. So, you can see that controlling the stress will give you overall benefits.

Let me know if I have missed out any other concern in your question.

Yet again, I duly appreciate your query to me, I do hope that you have found something useful to help you and I shall be glad to answer any further apprehensions.

Dr Sujeet N Charugulla, MBBS, MD
Consultant Physician.