Headache, painful neck glands, hurting shoulders, shivers, sneezing, diarrhea. Is this viral infection?

I have been having Headache most mornings. Glands painful in neck, right down to my back. Shoulders hurt at times. Pains in legs. Shivery at times. Feeling a bit dizzy if turn head quickly. Bit off food. Prefering cold. Sometimes been sneezing but not every day. Am being seen for ME at the clinic on Wednesday 11 April. so have put it down to this. Cannot seem to keep warm so have heating on again! Please could you suggest what this may be. Have had a diaorrea bug before this, then after that a bad cold virus, now this. Now and again not often I have felt queezy just for a few seconds. Do I have a virus type thing?
Posted Tue, 22 May 2012 in Headache and Migraines
Answered by Dr. Andrew Rynne MD 2 hours later
Hi there XXXXXXX

Thank you for posting your question with XXXXXXX

What you describe here are "flu-like symptoms". My guess is that you have a viral infection. Given that you have tender glands in your neck infectious mononucleosis is a possibility.

Treatment of all these viral infections is the same. Plenty of rest, plenty of fluids and paracetamol. Listen to your body. This has nothing to do with ME and my guess is that you will be fine.

Hope this answers your query.

Here's to your good health.

Andrew Rynne.