Headache, pain in forehead, middle and back. Triggered by tension, less sleep and gastric problems

Nov 2013

I am suffering from headache since nineties. I visited several doctors but did not get any relief. I also did migraine treatment. Pain happen at forehead, middle and back.
Headache generally happen when I am in tension or suffering from less sleep and gastric.
Posted Sun, 23 Sep 2012 in Headache and Migraines
Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 1 hour later
Thank you for contacting Healthcare Magic.
The most likely cause of headache in your case is migraine with tension headache (also called as mixed headache syndrome). The diagnosis is based on clinical description of the attacks. No tests are required to make a diagnosis.
Treatment consists of using preventive medications such as dothiepin (Prothiaden) and divalproex (Dicorate ER). These should be continued for at least three months to see a reasonable benefit.
In addition, pain killers may be used as and when necessary. Safe pain killers are paracetamol and etoricoxib. These should be limited to less than 15 tablets in a month.
Additionally, common triggers for headaches should be identified and avoided. In your case, avoiding stress/tension and ensuring good sleep would be helpful. Eating food on time and avoiding direct sunlight exposure also are helpful.
Please get back if you have any more queries.
Best wishes,
Dr Sudhir Kumar MD DM (Neurology) XXXXXXX Consultant Neurologist
Apollo Health City, Hyderabad