Headache, nausea, dizziness, sudden diarrhea, taken Motrin 2x. Dehydration?

I have had a pounding headache. Feels like throbbing and mostly towards frontor forehead. nauseated, dizzy and sudden diareah. has lasted since this morn and I have taken Motrin 2x with no relief. I have drank plenty of fluids so I don't believe that Im dehydrated. Not sure what to do....
Posted Thu, 12 Apr 2012 in Headache and Migraines
Answered by Dr. Jasvinder Singh 1 hour later

From the symptoms it can be primary headache like migraine or sinus headache if you are having any cold or sinus congestion.

Migraine may be present with headache for more than seventy-two hours and is often associated with vomiting, dizziness and visual problems.

For migraine headache, try these lifestyle modifications:

1) Go to sleep and wake up at the same time each day.

2) Exercise regularly (daily if possible) and limit stress through regular exercise and relaxation techniques.

3) Avoid bright or flashing lights and wear sunglasses if sunlight is a trigger.

4) Identify and avoid foods that trigger headaches by keeping a headache and food diary and limit caffeine consumption to less than two caffeine-containing beverages a day.

5) You can also try over the counter pain killers like aspirin or acetaminophen. If still the symptoms persist, then please consult a physician for specific anti-migraine therapy (Triptans and Ergot preparations).

Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries.