Headache, nausea, diarrhea, dizziness, weakness and panic attack. Are these related to thyroid problem?

ok, i have several symptoms that i am concerned about? i have crashing fatique, weakness, nausea and diarrhea, terrible panic attacks, headaches, dizzyness and mental cloudiness. i was concerned they were related to my thyroid so i had it check and the results were 0.09. is this normal? also my periods have been unusal. i am always on time every 25 days but some months i barely flow and other months i bleed very heavily.
Posted Tue, 23 Apr 2013 in Thyroid Problem and Hormonal Problems
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 3 hours later

The symptoms you have could be either due to mental stress causing acid peptic disease or due to Thyroid over-activity.

I am unable to interpret the thyroid reading you have provided as the normal range of the TSH (an important indicator in thyroid assessment) is from 0.5 to 5.0.
0.09 is much less then lower range.

Kindly provide the complete thyroid test report or attach the scanned copy of the report on right side of this page.

Also do mention if you are any medications since long.
Whether you had infections of the inner-ear in past.

Waiting for your response,

Follow-up: Headache, nausea, diarrhea, dizziness, weakness and panic attack. Are these related to thyroid problem? 10 minutes later
No, not presently taking any medication. I have had a sinus and ear infection and was treated with antibiotics 2 months ago. The thyroid test I had performed was a tsh level and the results was 0.9, I think in the earlier post I accidentally posted it was 0.09 my mistake.. My family doctor has given me a prescription of Xanax 0.25 mg pen as needed but rarely take them. Maybe once every 1-2 weeks.
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 1 hour later

Thanks for writing back.

0.9 mIU/L Tsh is inconclusive though 0.5 is the lower range. Considering your symptoms, I suggest you get the test repeated after a month and observe the Tsh value. If it is less then you may have to get the other thyroid indicators like T3 and T4 which will help you to arrive at the diagnosis.

Meanwhile do practice mind relaxation exercises like Yoga or Meditation and take Tablet Prilosec OTC once early in the morning before breakfast for 15 days. The above remedies will solve your problem if they are due to mental stress causing acid peptic disease.

Hope I answered your query.

Please let me know if there are any other concerns.