Headache, nausea. Taking Lexapro. Have gall stone. Reason?

Daily HeadachesFor the last 15 days every afternoon at about 4pm I get a one sided headache, however the side of my head changes the first 8 days it was right sides and now it's left sided. They last right up to when I go to sleep and can be 12 or more hours long.Tonight it felt like it exploded and for several minutes I couldn't move through the pain and my eye teared up.

I have not been taking daily pain medication to ensure that I don't aggravate the situation.

2 or so days a week I have extreme nausea however it starts the minute I wake up. I don't know if its related to the headaches or not. It may just be a side effect of a gallstone (2cm) that Ive got.

Medication wise I am on Lexapro 20 mg once per day that's it.
Im just hoping to get some advise as to what I can do to try and resolve this problem
I am 23, 170cm tall
Posted Tue, 9 Apr 2013 in Headache and Migraines
Answered by Dr. Venkat Sivayogi 25 minutes later

As per the description of the symptoms you have given, the clinical condition is more pointing towards MIGRAINE HEADACHE, because your headache is one sided and you have been having extreme nausea associated with it.

Migraine has specific aggravating factors with which the head ache increases, like some people may get worse with work stress, lack of sleep, seeing a bright light, eating specific foods like cheese.
But coming to the second doubt you have raised, about gall stones, it’s no way related to gall stones, because pain associated with gall stones will come in the right hypochondrium, so we can rule out that pain.

In this regard, I advise you to consult a neurologist have done CT scan also and follow the advice of a neurologist. Until you get an appointment you can take the over counter pills like paracetamol and domperidone combinations.

Hope, this answer will solve your doubts. If you need any further clarification, feel free to get back to me.