Headache, mucus in throat, swollen eyes when swallowing, tiredness. What can those symptoms mean?

hi. ive been having light headaches (they go away when i lay down) in the front and nose bridge area, as well as mucus in the throat when i swollow and feeling of puffy or swollen eyes (they are not), i am also more tired and have some weakness in my ankles. i am taking augumentin because my throat was red. what can those symptoms mean? thank you
Posted Sun, 29 Apr 2012 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Gyanshankar Mishra 2 hours later

Thanks for posting the query.

After going through your query I would like to comment the following:

1. According to your history , you seem to be suffering from sinusitis with post nasal drip.

2. You need to get yourself evaluated with an ENT specialist who will clinically examine it, investigate (Xray paranasal sinus is a basic investigation) and then advise you accordingly.

3. Though the sinusitis infection requires a minimum of 3 weeks of antibiotics and augmentin (your current medication) should serve the purpose.

4. If there is no response to medical line of management then surgical options like antral wash are always there. Nowadays FESS(Functional Endoscopic Sinus Surgery) is the modality of choice if surgical option is to be chosen.

I hope I have answered your query. I will be glad to answer any follow up queries.
Please accept my answer if you have no follow up queries.

Dr. Gyanshankar Mishra