Headache in right temple. How to get rid of it?

Jun 2015

For the last week i have woken up with a dull headache in my right side temple - it seems to come and go throughout the day and move around to the back if my head and then i wake up with it again the next day - i have no other symptons- any suggestions on what this could be and how to get rid of it ? Thanks
Posted Wed, 6 Nov 2013 in Headache and Migraines
Answered by Dr. Polash Sannigrahi 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Tension headache

Detailed Answer:

The symptoms as mentioned in your post indicates towards Tension headache.
It usually begins as a dull morning headache and grow in intensity over the course of the day.
Symptomatic relief can be obtained by taking analgesics like Paracetamol or Ibuprofen (Advil) to be taken after food & application of ice over the affected area.

In your post, you have not mentioned about any history of cold, cough, systemic illness like Diabetes, Hypertension, Hypo/Hyperthyroidism or any associated symptoms like nausea, blurring of vision, intolerance to bright light, etc.
Under such circumstances, investigations like complete blood count, estimation of blood pressure & blood sugar levels and Thyroid profile will be helpful to rule out any pathological cause for the symptoms.
A CT scan or MRI of brain will also be helpful.

Till then, maintain adequate hydration & nutrition status, avoid stress, exercise regularly & practice meditation.

Wishing you a Good Health.
Please let me know if I need to clarify further.