Headache, giddiness, sinus problems.

Having Head ace with guiddiness.
Having Sinus problem from last 4 years.
Posted Thu, 3 May 2012 in Headache and Migraines
Answered by Dr. Shiva Kumar R 3 hours later

Thanks for the query

Regarding headache with dizziness or light headedness, can occur in persons suffering from migraine. This condition is called as vertiginous migraine. Episodes of vertigo lasting between 5 minutes and 1 hour—with or without nausea, vomiting, photophobia along with headache occurs in these persons.

Sinusitis can cause headache but not giddiness. Giddiness can occur if you have associated ear problems long with sinusitis. Usually sinus headache is frontal without associated symptoms like nausea, vomiting, phono and photophobia.

So i feel you are probably suffering from vertiginous headache. The bottom line is that you need to see your GP for a good clinical examination to rule out sinus headache and benign paroxysmal positional vertigo. I am sorry that you are dealing with this frustrating concern and I hope you can find yourself in better health soon with the help of your primary physician / neurologist.

Patients with vertiginous migraine respond to migraine prophylactic therapy. Best among the medicines for vertiginous migraine are calcium channel blockers and tricyclic anti-depressants. The medicines will be prescribed to you by your physician after confirming the diagnosis.

Hope I have answered your query. If you have any additional concerns I would be happy to address them.

Please accept my answer if you do not have any other queries.

Dr Shiva Kumar R