Headache, feel warm when sitting, tiredness, sore muscles. Suffering from old injuries

I have headaches, am really warm while sitting and doing nothing but typing, tired and lots of sore muscles. Have been suffering from old injuries and have much less activity than I would like. I'll work on a project like cutting the front lawns and the next day I am exhausted.
Posted Sun, 26 Aug 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 4 hours later
The generalized weakness and soreness of muscles that you are having are often found in vitamin D and magnesium deficiency.

I suggest you to consult an endocrinologist and get prescribed vitamin D and magnesium supplements. Your symptoms should improve with that. Also eat magnesium XXXXXXX foods like bananas, beans, chickpeas, fish, nuts, soybeans, spinach etc which are natural sources of magnesium.
You also need to get your thyroid hormone levels evaluated.
Regarding vitamin D levels, you need to take a XXXXXXX of vitamin D with milk or curd once a week for 8 weeks and then once a month. Each XXXXXXX contains 60,000 IU of vitamin D. But these should be taken only after getting your vitamin D levels checked.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
Follow-up: Headache, feel warm when sitting, tiredness, sore muscles. Suffering from old injuries 37 minutes later
I have been eating those foods for a long time. I also take supplementation of Magnesium, with stress or inadequate sleep.
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 3 hours later
Thanks for writing again.
Since you are taking adequate supplements, deficiency of these is not likely. Other causes like hypothyroidism, menopausal syndrome, vitamin B 12 deficiency, stress and anxiety need to be considered.
To relieve your anxiety, here are some of the treatment options which you can follow:
1) When you have such symptoms, breathe slowly through the nose and talk to your family and friends.

2) Do not take caffeine of alcohol at night just before going to bed.

3) Indulge in yoga and meditation to calm your mind.

4) You can also indulge in progressive muscle relaxation which is useful in anxiety by alternately tensing and relaxing the muscles.
Getting yourself evaluated by your physician is advisable in case teh symptoms are persistent.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.