Headache, fatigue, weakness, muscle and bone pain. Have atrial fibrillation and low thyroid. Any suggestions?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
I have type II diabetes, atrial fibrillation, double byass, low thyroid. i Am eperiencing headaches, fatique, weakness, pain in muscles and bones, and stay in be alot to renew my energy. Any suggestions to help?
Posted Mon, 16 Apr 2012 in Thyroid Problem and Hormonal Problems
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 1 hour later
Your symptoms could be related to fluctuating blood glucose levels- more likely hypoglycemia or reduced thyroid levels. Electrolyte imbalance is another possible cause for your symptoms. All these conditions can easily be ruled out with the help of simple blood tests.
Pains in muscles and bones could be related to age related osteoporosis or calcium and Vitamin D3 deficiency. Checking your bone density will help in diagnosis.
Right now you need to have electrolyte XXXXXXX fluids, plenty of fresh fruits, calcium, vitamin C and vitamin D3 supplements regularly.
Taking a mild pain killer like acetaminophen will help in improvement of these flu like symptoms. In case the symptoms do not subside in next 3-5 days then a thorough evaluation by your physician is needed.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.