Headache due to long working on computer, high BP. Taken advil. Should relaxation be continued or should start treatment?

i have had a headache for 2 days now which seems to have gotten progressively worse. I work more than 9 hours a day on a computer and figured maybe my eyes needed a rest. Advil or wearing my glasses eased the headache. I wondered what my bp was so took it at CVS it was 164/99. I have left the office, taken a nap, killed bottles of water and the headache is still there but not AS bad. Should I continue to relax or is it necessary to go to the ER (which others have been telling me to do)
Posted Mon, 21 May 2012 in Environmental and Occupational Hazards
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 22 minutes later
Hello and thanks for query.
Your headache can have various reasons associated.
Constant working on computer can have strain on your neck muscles which can cause headache.
Constant glare on eyes can put strain on your eyes.
You are definitely having high blood pressure which can also cause headache.
In fact all these reasons combined are creating problems for you.
You must consult your doctor for the BP medication
Do get a repeat check up of your eyes to see if any change in the number of glasses you wear.
Try wearing your glasses regularly and get a anti glare film on your glasses.
Never work on your computer at a stretch.
You must take your eyes off from it for five minutes and do some walking or stretching of your muscles after every 45 minutes.
Do take proper rest and sleep.
I hope to have answered your query,however you can revert to me if there is any other query.
Thanks and good luck.