Headache, dizziness, swollen lymph node on neck, hard to breathe, unusual tissue on pharynx behind uvula

went to the doc today. she told me i have unusual tissue on my pharynx behind uvula. i have been sick for over a year and a half - meaning headache, headp pressure makes me dizzy unbalanced, extremely fatigued etc, with a constant swollen lymph node on left side of neck. its hard to breathe sometimes and they think i might also have allergies but they dont know what is causing them. she is sending me to ent but while im waiting im curious to know what this unusual tissue could be.
not sure if this is an ent question bc this is just one of the many explanations i've received in over a year and a half of visiting docs
Posted Tue, 17 Apr 2012 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 16 minutes later

An abnormal tissue on the pharynx behind the uvula can possibly be due to-
1. A mucosal tag or a polyp- usually a benign growth and does not cause any problem.
2. Malignant growth- usually an angry looking irregular growth may be associated with discharge and superficial ulceration.

Excision biopsy of the growth with a fine needle aspiration cytology of the swollen lymph node will help in proper diagnosis and further treatment.

Discuss with your ENT surgeon about the procedure, I am sure your doctors would agree with me and help you through it.

I hope my answer and recommendations are adequate and helpful. Waiting for your further follow up queries if any.