Headache, dizziness, constipation, choking sensation, cough, vomiting. Done thyroid gland removal. Reason?

Allergist and Immunologist
For the last few months i have been feeling as if a ball on my throat almost as a choking i have severe conspitaton very bad headaches and dizzy spells i have tried everything for my conspitation but all failed as for my throat i feel as i have built in mucas that u cant seem to loosen it up i have tried all chesty cough to loosen the mucas but all failed but somehow im smelling puss like in my mouth and smelling like puss at all times my salvia somtimes tastes like and salt and vinger at the same time But simetimes it salty and somtimes bitter taste i have tests for my throat but only ultrasond the test came clear nothing was detected on the test reports i also had test regarding my constipston and my vomiting. As my vomiting sometimes is a black brown colour but they ti have came back clear i also feel as if a hot feeling is running through my entire body and very sharp pains in the chest area at all times many times i had to call the ambulance because of the severe pain but they can not find any reason as why these things are hapenning i have had removed my whole glands thyroids many years ago but im not sure where this chocking feeling and mucas and puss feeling as why this is happening when i put my head down for exaple looking at the floor the pain and chocking and the urge to vomiting gets stronger and so dies tbe pain. Thanx fir taking the time for reading this please if yiu can give me an explanation i also feel weak no strengh
And very tired
Posted Fri, 16 Aug 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Sujoy Khan 3 hours later

Welcome to Healthcare Magic and thank you for writing to us.

Your symptoms of headaches, dizzy spells can be explained by high blood pressure if you have hypertension. Chesty cough with mucous suggests a chronic lung problem if the sputum colour is yellow to yellowish green and a Chest X XXXXXXX will let us know if there is something to worry about. A HRCT (CT scan) Chest may help if the Chest X XXXXXXX is not very conclusive.

Also, abnormal blood pressure. lump in the throat, constipation and chest pains (musculoskeletal type, that is if ECG and 2D-ECHO is normal) can be due to abnormal thyroid function. Your past history of thryoid removal would mean you are on thyroxine replacement therapy, and therefore you will need a fasting TSH, fT4 levels checked to see if all is ok with the dose.

Occasionally, rhinosinusitis and allergies worsen with abnormal thryoid, so if you feel there may be dust allergy you should get the total IgE levels checked with specific IgE levels against rhinitis panel (dust mites, cockroach etc).

A specific treatment can then be tailored depending on the results.
Overall, it seems you will need a proper evaluation to ensure there is no underling Vit D deficiency to add to the problem.

I hope that was useful.
Best Wishes.